The Beginner’s Guide to Lip Fillers: What First-Timers Should Know
Are you bothered by or self-conscious about thin or thinning lips? Then worry no more! We have a remedy for you- lip fillers. This treatment can restore lost lip volume or add plumpness while maintaining natural-looking results. At Zuliani Facial Aesthetics we are here to educate first-time filler patients on some things that you need to know about lip fillers and the treatment process.
What Are Lip Fillers Made of and How Do They Work?
Lip fillers are made of sugar that naturally occurs in your body, known as hyaluronic acid (HA). It’s a gel-like substance that temporarily restores volume below your skin, smoothing lines and achieving more youthful appearance.
Lip fillers can achieve the following:
• Plumper, fuller lips
• Smooth vertical lip lines
• Define your vermilion border
How Should I Prepare for Lip Injections?
Before getting lip injections, there are some steps you can take to prepare:
• Come to your appointment with a clean face. Make-up is not needed since the injection areas need to be sanitized.
• Do not take blood-thinning medications or alcohol before your treatment appointment. Avoid using them on some days before the treatment.
• Be sure to see an experienced plastic surgeon that is certified and has an experience performing lip injections.
What Are the Best Tips for Lip Injection Aftercare?
After your lip injection treatment, there are some steps you should take to ensure optimal results, including:
• To minimize the swelling, apply ice packs to the treated area.
• Don’t massage or touch the area that was treated to avoid irritation.
• To avoid bruising on your lips, you can take Arnica Montana. It also minimizes other side effects.
• On the first night after injection, you should elevate your head when you sleep to avoid inflammation.
• After the treatment don’t expose yourself to heat or prolonged sun exposure for at least 24 hours.
How Long Do Lip Fillers Last?
Lip fillers usually last about 6 to 12 months. This is because the HA fillers dissolve over time and this leads to a decrease in the volume of the lips. To maintain your lips, you can visit us once or twice a year.
Do Lip Injections Hurt?
One common questions we get from new lip filler patients is, “do lip injections hurt?” While any form of injectable can be a bit uncomfortable, lip filler injections should not be painful. At our office, we apply a topical numbing cream prior to treatment to ensure you are comfortable. Many lip fillers also contain lidocaine, an anesthetic to further dull discomfort.
Contact Us Today
If you are considering lip fillers, contact Zuliani Facial Aesthetics today! Dr. Zuliani and our team of skilled professionals will ensure that your experience is a positive one.